Arranging a Cremation
When your family has made the decision to have a cremation in Oakland, it is important to understand how to arrange for this. Watch this video so you and your family can learn what to expect when arranging a cremation.
In order to start the cremation service process, you will need to register the death of your loved one with the registrar. Also, contact a funeral director after the death so he or she can help arrange the cremation. You are welcome to go to the funeral home to discuss the ceremony you would like to have. Cremation can take place before or after the memorial ceremony. It is up to you and your family to decide where to place the cremains.
If you are arranging a cremation for your loved one, call Chapel of the Chimes in Oakland at (510) 654-0123. Our expert staff is here to help you through the funeral planning process.
- What’s the Difference Between a Eulogy and an Obituary?
- Distinguishing Between a Mausoleum and a Columbarium
- CHAPEL OF THE CHIMES OAKLAND OPENS ITS DOORS TO COMMUNITY IN LIGHT OF TRAGIC OAKLAND WAREHOUSE FIRE
- The Funeral Traditions of Chinese Christians
- A Look at Your Cremation Memorialization Options